eGifter, a leading platform for eCommerce gifting and for gift card rewards and incentives, is hiring a talented Senior QA Engineer professional to join our team. Servicing a large list of enterprise clients, we are looking to add a highly skilled and motivated member to our team. If you’re excited to be part of a winning team, eGifter is a great place to grow your career.
As a Senior QA Automation Engineer, you’ll devise, build, and implement test automation frameworks and help institute and execute best practices for QA and test automation, including unit tests, integration tests and end-to-end tests. Write and perform detailed test cases, complex automated tests, integration, and regression tests, as well as perform manual tests. You possess excellent problem-solving skills, and a diverse set of technical skills both in software testing and automation coding, with in depth knowledge of the required languages. You will be able to quickly understand many aspects of our technical product, develop strategies on how to automate and test new or legacy features and functionality, and provide support for the ongoing quality of said features/functionality.
You will conduct thorough product testing using automation tools and techniques and ensure agreed upon quality standards are maintained in order to provide the highest quality software products to both external and internal customers.
You will document software issues and enhancement requests and develop concise and detailed steps for duplication of the problem. You will verify and resolve stories and bugs and maintain accurate status for such items entered in each project. You will create test plans with clearly defined test objectives and contribute towards the QA estimation, planning and scheduling process.
Responsibilities for Sr. QA Engineer
- Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle
- Design, create and maintain automated unit tests, integration tests and end-to-end tests, to verify functionality, automate regression, compatibility and performance testing to run against web and mobile applications.
- Analyze bugs and errors found during tests
- Document results of tests for the software development team
- Help evolve and implement and maintain and automation framework development.
- Recommend improvements in software to enhance user experience
- Help develop best practices for SDLC and QA testing to improve development process, efficiency and performance and to ensure all software products meet the highest quality possible
- Work together with the software developer to enhance and improve programs
- Maintain updated knowledge of QA best practices trends and advancements
Qualifications for Sr. QA Engineer
- Extensive experience in software development, automated testing and manual testing
- High proficiency in computer technology and programming languages
- Expert level uses of end-to-end test tools like Cypress, Ghost Inspector
- Strong knowledge of AWS or other similar environments
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Great team player and able to work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Experience testing applications that integrate with other systems through RESTful APIs.
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or similar
Additional consideration given to candidates with the following skills:
- Experience with automated load testing
- Experience analyzing product requirements, create test plans and identify deliverable
- Knowledge of SQA methodologies, tools and approaches (white box and automated testing experience)
- Strong with Scrum and Agile experience
- Experience with JetBrains YouTrack, but JIRA will be fine
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Discount
- Flexible Schedule
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Professional Development Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
Schedule: Monday to Friday
We are currently working remotely and anticipate that even upon return, we will be more remote than we were prior to the pandemic. We will give preference to a candidate that is close to our office, however we will consider a fully remote person.
- QA Engineer: 5 years (Required)
- C#: 3 years (Required)
- Selenium: 3 years (Required)
- Test Automation Software: 3 years (Required)
- Automated REST API Testing: 3 years (Required)
- Automated Regression Testing: 3 years (Required)
Location: Huntington, NY 11743 (Required)
Language: English (Required)
Work authorization: United States (Required)
Shifts: Mid-Day (Required)
Application Question: Are you seeking full-time salaried employment with benefits and confirm that you do not work for or represent a consulting firm?
Work Location: Multiple locations
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible