Senior Database Developer/Analyst
eGifter, a leading platform for eCommerce gifting and for gift card rewards and incentives, is hiring a talented Senior Database Developer/Analyst to join our team. Servicing a large list of enterprise clients, we are looking to add a highly skilled and motivated member to our team. If you’re excited to be part of a winning team, eGifter is a great place to grow your career.
The Senior Database Developer/Analyst is responsible for designing and architecting relational database models as well as developing, testing and deploying Power BI reports and dashboards working closely with the accounting and financial team. This role requires experience in building and managing data integration, reporting , and visualization layers of a data warehouse. Experience in SQL Server and the SQL Server BI suite (SSRS/SSMS/SSIS) is required.
We are looking for a proactive, highly-motivated Senior Database Developer/Analyst to help us develop and continually improve our products. We value strong engineers who are agile enough to jump into virtually any project. This is a senior position within our engineering group for an individual who can not only architect and code great software, but one who will enjoy collaborating with cross-functional teams to build the next generation of eGifter. If you are a highly technical, hands-on coder, can take a lead role on major projects, and get excited by tough technical challenges, then we want to hear from you today.
- Database schema design based on business requirements
- Power BI development
- Developing visual reports, dashboards and KPI scorecards using Power BI desktop and the Power BI Service
- Connecting to data sources, importing data and transforming data for Business Intelligence.
- Expert level knowledge of PowerQuery.
- Able to integrate Power BI reports into other applications using embedded analytics like Power BI service (SaaS), or by API automation.
- Ability to multitask and meet constant deadlines
- Experienced at implementing row level security on data and security models in Power BI.
- Lead conversations to elicit requirements from users.
- Design and model datasets for reporting and visualization
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents complex TSQL database queries.
- Works with internal users to understand their requirements, explain issues, and prioritize work.
- Develops SSIS packages to automate existing reporting and business processes.
- Interfaces with internal teams and third party vendors as needed to integrate existing data into the data warehouse.
- Mentors and advises junior developers
- Willingness to work long hours, when necessary
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Three (3) or more years of experience with development and administration of PowerBI environments
- Minimum five (5) years of experience working with Microsoft SQL Server and T-SQL.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience working with SSIS
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in data integration and validation.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience with data warehouse development
- Knowledge of best practices when dealing with relational databases.
- Strong mathematical, analytical, problem-solving and project management skills.
- Collaborate with team members to identify and prioritize/re-prioritize work to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Strong leadership and mentoring abilities
- Proficient at writing ad-hoc SQL Queries and Stored procedures.
- Development experience in C# preferred.
- Experience in SaaS platform development and/or eCommerce Industry a plus.
- Experience working with Business Intelligence products preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in prototyping, designing, and requirement analysis.Knowledge and skills for secondary tools such as Microsoft Azure and SQL data warehouse.
- Knowledge of financial systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business, Finance, or another related field, or equivalent related work experience